Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at buying a GTV6 which I think is in very good condition for the price. But the clutch is engaging all the way at the very top of the pedal travel. I can't remember for sure from when I had my previous transaxle cars, but I believe the clutch is self-adjusting and if it's engaging all the way at the top that means it's about kaput. Is that right? I appreciate the help!

One other piece of information: the clutch only has 30k miles on it so it seems very strange that it would be worn out already. But I can't think of any other cause.

Karl

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On closer thought about how the mechanism works, and after consulting with a friend who knows this stuff really well, I bought the car. I don't believe this has anything to do with the clutch. I need to crawl up in that footwell on my head so I can look up and see if the pedal can be adjusted by pulling the clevis pin and rotating the connector. I am thinking the master cylinder piston is threaded and the rod can be adjusted to set where in the pedal travel the piston crosses the hole from the reservoir.

I'll post back if I mess with it.

Karl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts