Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-
First off, if I'm posting too much or asking dumb questions, someone please call me out. This forum has been a godsend for me, and everyone has been so generous with their knowledge; I want to make sure that I'm following proper etiquette. That being said, and with the disclaimer that I already searched the forum and didn't find my answer, here are my two questions:

1) I got a new center console and am cleaning up the cigar lighter from the old console, and I want to make sure I'm putting it back together correctly. Can someone confirm that this is the correct order of assembly for the lighter? I think this is how it was put together when I took it apart, but it was so gunked up, it was hard to tell (and like an IDIOT, i forgot to take a picture before disassembly).

And 2) is there a piece missing off the light bulb portion of the cigar lighter? I circled where it feels like there should be something else.

Thanks for any info you all can give!

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Any insights on the order of assembly of the lighter components? Does that look correct?

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, just for everyone's edification, and in case anyone else ever disassembles a cigar lighter for cleaning, the picture above IS the order of assembly. I tested today a few times and it works perfectly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts