Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

1. Would anyone share their list of favorite annual maintenance tasks for their GTV6? 'Rosa' has been fabulously trouble-free for two driving seasons. (OK, except for one easily-fixed fuel line leak) I've only checked tire pressure, re-grounded the horn switch, changed oil & filter and used fuel stabilizer over the winter. I almost feel suspicious how easy she's been. What tasks should I be including for annual preventative maintenance?

2. However (and in full compliance with Murphy's Law) I have recently noticed a slight vibration that I don't believe existed earlier this summer. The harmonics of the vibration match the engine/driveshaft rpm's, not tire rotation. It's very slight, not intrusive or overly annoying, but I'm ready to nip it in the bud. I'll get underneath her tomorrow, but what am I looking for? Cracked rubber bushings at the driveshaft hangers or guibo, or excessive play where the shaft passes through that kind of bearing thingy?

Thank you,
- Art

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Oil change - good cleaning - check all major systems for leaks / damage.

Check the valves and adjust if needed.

If you haven't done the timing belt in 4-5 years, then it might be time to do that (regardless of mileage)

Sounds like a good visual check of the guibos is in order, but if nothing obvious is found, then I'd let that sleeping dog lie. Chunks missing out of the guibo is bad. heavy cracks are bad. minor cracks are no big issue (unless you regularly visit 6000 RPM)

A nice fall afternoon effort. Reminds me I need to do mine :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark,
- I'll start with that checklist and see if it uncovers anything to "prevent".
- The vibration is just a tiny bit of a nuisance, so is probably well within the "normal" range. I'll just monitor it for any change for the worse.
Have a good winter.
- Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts