Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just pulled off the back Dion suspension to tidy it up (needs a complete repaint).
But pulling the bearings - what a mission.
Anyway - struggling without the right tool, so quickly made up a CAD of the tool to remove the retaining ring in a later GTV6.

If people are interested I can try and construct one for the Alfetta and early GTV6 - it was the six pronged similar but round).
It is a dwf file which can be made at many online machining outfits (I use CNC Manufacturing, Prototyping, Fast Quotes & Free CAD | eMachineShop).
The file is renamed to .txt suffix as it would not let me upload a dxf file directly.
I have put a socket square in the middle so it can use with standard driver.
It is 30mm thick - and can just be flipped if one side becomes burred.

Hope this helps - Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
729 Posts
Great Job. We need more people like you. Wish i was as savvy as you in CAD. I have so many things i want to build! AND these online companies now.... they are great. you just send the drawing and puff..... the parts are made to order.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
For the thicker castellated nut you can use a socket for a truck axle, readily available. There’s a picture here.

here and post 67 for bearing change.

The thin nut with the six sides internally, most just cut that out and replace it with the thicker castellated one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the thicker castellated nut you can use a socket for a truck axle, readily available. There’s a picture here.

here and post 67 for bearing change.

The thin nut with the six sides internally, most just cut that out and replace it with the thicker castellated one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts