Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Margherita is undergoing some much need mechanical rehabilitation. Erik (Rathmann Auto Works) is doing a very detailed R&R of the mechanicals and found that the old 3.0L cams that I had put in about 8-9 years ago have an exhaust lobe wearing down.

Anybody out there have a good set of 2.5L or 3.0L camshafts that they are willing to sell?

TIA. Hope to have her back on the road in time for the Alfa Day at C&C Irvine!

My blog posting.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Araknd,

I have a set of 2.5 cams that are presently residing in an extra GTV6 engine. I'd be willing to part with those, if that gets the job done. I can't swear as to their condition, but could remove and take pix... or have my local ALFA mechanic look them over (he might charge you for a 1/2 hour of his time).

Depending on the immediacy, I might find time to do that in a couple of weeks. My design class at the university is winding down soon. So my wayward students will be leaning heavily on me for the next couple of weeks, to get their finals completed.

If you don't hear of a better deal, you can contact me directly:
[email protected]

Any other ALFA Bits on your Xmas list?

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Araknd,

I have a set of 2.5 cams that are presently residing in an extra GTV6 engine. I'd be willing to part with those, if that gets the job done. I can't swear as to their condition, but could remove and take pix... or have my local ALFA mechanic look them over (he might charge you for a 1/2 hour of his time).

Depending on the immediacy, I might find time to do that in a couple of weeks. My design class at the university is winding down soon. So my wayward students will be leaning heavily on me for the next couple of weeks, to get their finals completed.

If you don't hear of a better deal, you can contact me directly:
[email protected]

Any other ALFA Bits on your Xmas list?

Cheers,
Peter
Peter, just sent direct email. Thanks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all who responded to my call for help. Got cams on the way! Yay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts