Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for a replacement windshield for my '74 GTV. It is the glue-in/US-spec type. The usual sources (Classic Alfa, Alfaholics, Centerline, etc.) are either no longer shipping windshields or even carrying them due to shipping issues. Any leads would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in SoCal…so ideally looking for something relatively close by, given all the shipping issues these days. I was recommended that conversion once before…might be the way to go. Any idea on where I might be able to find one of those? Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,771 Posts
You might read through this recent thread: Wanted -- 115 Spider Windshield

Yes, the guy has a spider and yes he's in South Carolina. Still, he indicates that some chain windshield installers can get Alfa windshields. But whether their guys can handle gasketed glass is another question.

·
Administrator
17,086 Posts
You may have to stick with that model.....some differences in size in body I have heard
Body shell is exactly the same (as far as I know from previous discussions on this site where some cars have been converted), but yes you need a different windscreen and seal for the non-glued in windscreen

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
I went thru this recently with glued in windshields. For whatever reason I could not find a pro glass installer that would touch the Alfa glass. I would stay away, bite the bullet and get a gasketed windshield with gasket and trim.

FWIW, we've found that GTVs with glued in windshields are many more times liable to have serious rust around the windshield frame...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’m in SoCal…so ideally looking for something relatively close by, given all the shipping issues these days. I was recommended that conversion once before…might be the way to go. Any idea on where I might be able to find one of those? Thanks for the help!
If you find an installer who can deal with that in SoCal please share it. I'm going through this right now with a GTv6 windshield I pulled from a parts car but can't find an installer for.

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a huge help, thanks guys! Seriously considering the conversion to the gasket version.

@TFB3 thank you! I'll email Jerry now!

@justcallmefred spoke to Alfa Parts earlier in the week. They're out of stock currently, but may have some more next month!

@gprocket @PSk Re converting to the gasket style setup, with the correct trim and gasket, it's a direct swap, yea?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.