Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving into interior work on my 1966 105.36 restoration. Do the rear window vents on the parcel shelf need to be painted black like the dashboard? I understand the vents and hooks that hold down the front dash pad look unsightly if not painted black. Is black paint recommended in the same treatment in the back? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, my 70s junior vents were painted from factory. Slightly later model but still step front. I plan an re painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't want to hijack your thread but the answer to my question should answer yours also. This thread and another (re: Spider resto) are the first mention I have seen of black paint being applied inside the cabin. All of my previous cars were resprayed so I have never seen this. Does anyone have any documentation or recollection of this being done by the factory, in particular for 105.36/37 GTs?

(I am now cringeing at the thought of painting over my paint...:001_huh:)

BTW, your car looks great @Sully1967, is that Biancospino?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black Paint Inside Cabin

My car's cabin floorpans, back seat sheet metal, and parcel shelf were all painted satin black. I chose to paint the entire cabin in body color, Biancospino. The dashboard sheet metal is painted body color from the factory and then the leading edge in satin black to obscure the hooks that hold the dash pad down. I now plan to do the same for the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, this is news to me. Did the '74 GTV's get the same treatment? I am just about ready to paint and reassemble my car and it would be a big help to know. It makes sense as I remember gaps at both the dash and the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks @ianellisalfa, in the Spider thread I referred to there are a bunch of other locations in the cabin that have received black paint including notably the seat rail in the floor - is this also correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts