Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do some rust repair on my 74 GTV trunk floor. I see where Classic and Alfaholics have the floor panel available and I am wondering if replacing this panel is the way to go? Has anyone tried to replace this part? I am also wondering if the truck floor can be removed and replaced without removing the rear section of the car.
Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whether this is the way to go for you will depend on how badly damaged your current floor is. Replacing the trunk floor is a real PITA. I bought the one from Classic Alfa and it was mostly fine, but the contours around the wheel arches were not correct for my car, a '65 Giulia Sprint GT. Whether they are correct for yours I couldn't say, but with all of these repro panels I think you should assume you will have to do some "massaging" and/or reshaping to work. I did indeed replace the floor without removing the rear clip, but it required sectioning the floor, inserting it as a couple of pieces, and then re-welding it once in place.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much. I will have the car back soon from media blasting and that will give me a better idea.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts