Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is best, the standard rubber mount or the polyurethane offerings?
I've read that the polys are much firmer that the original rubber mounts.
Where does one find the poly versions anyway?
Thanks!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,496 Posts
Pretty much everybody here who has ever tried a poly bushing on the transmission mount has taken it out due to NVH. It's one place where you really want a soft mount on these cars. Suggest keeping it stock.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Mine stayed in for less than 10 miles.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Got this yellow poly gearbox mount insert in my 2000gtv. Hate it, gives me a lot of vibration on the car body

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd use the earlier mount 1600 /1300 style. It works in later cars,more support, and cut 2 pieces of aluminum dowel and push them into the holes for more stabilizing of gear box .I used this mount in my Giulia Ti track car from 1990ish on. Probably can't get one until corona scare over.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
I'd use the earlier mount 1600 /1300 style. It works in later cars,more support
I agree although I have not plugged the holes. I suspect that this mount is less tolerant of mis-alignment of the propshaft and that may account for some reports of increased vibration.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Big holes above and below.There is one available from Andrew in the parts section listed a couple days ago for $40 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If that is the case, couldn't you stiffen it up without poly inserts just by rotating it 90 degrees and placing the big holes on the sides? I can't imagine fore and aft movement is much since the engine is mounted to the body by two more in the front.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think there are lots of posts here relating to getting the orientation of this item wrong.
Big holes top and bottom. Biggest at the top, so that when the weight of the tranny is taken up, the central sleeve sits about in the middle.
Try other orientation at your peril.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts