Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I am new Alfa BB message board and wondering if anybody may be able to help me with a small problem with the outer sill/rocker and inner wheel arch on the nearside rear of my 1969 GTV MK. 1.
The PO had some repairs done in this area and some were not standard. I have replaced inner and outer sills/rockers and I am attempting to fit the outer, but there seems to be a mismatch between the rear sill/rocker and inner wheel arch near to the jacking point, I have welded a repair section on the inner wheel arch at this point without the return flange for the wing repair section, I may have got the shaping wrong. Hopefully you can see the problem from the pictures.
Does anyone have pictures of the detail at this point or can tell me if the sill/rocker should follow the contour of the inner wheel arch at the points arrowed.
Thank you in anticipation.
Steph

·
Administrator
12,539 Posts
Even though I know these shells really well, I need a photo from further back to see what I'm supposed to be seeing, and how it all fits together.

I can't see the wheel arch return, and the plate over the end of the rocker/sill box section
Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete
Thanks for looking, I have taken some different photos hope these are better, The contour that is pressed into the Classic Alfa sill does not match up with the repair I have done to the lower wheel arch. I tried to look online at some of the images for the whole inner wheel arch that you can buy but couldn’t really see the detail in that area. I am guessing that I might have to reshape my repair in that area.
Steph

·
Administrator
12,539 Posts
Ah, get what you are saying now. I feel that the most important thing that matters in that area is that the lower front corner of the rear guard looks good and right to your eye. I would not be concerned with hammering or bending in the rocker/sill end piece to meet your inner wheel arch repair, as that will be hidden anyway.

Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for your advice Pete, I think you are right I will carry on.

Steph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts