Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tasos - I thought they might be but they don't seem to have the deep ribbing like say these attached ones do which confused me a bit......
Admitedly the deeper ribbing is off my 68 series one... so perhaps the year gap makes all the difference..

Can you confirm at all?

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't really say. My unrestored ones have the deep ribbing too. I guess someone had them redone some time in the past. If you check at the Alfaholics website, at the foto they provide for the equivalent upholstery they sell, it seems to be without deep ribbing, but maybe it is just the angle of the shoot. I am sure members with greater expertise will give you a more accurate answer.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I'll add that the seats are out of a lefthand drive car.

On the ribbing, two things come to mind. One is that the seats were recovered with flat ribbing. The other is that the ribbing may have collapsed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I 'll have to correct myself about the Alfaholics product. On a better observation it appears to have the deep ribbes. Sorry for this but around miday the sunlight hits directly my screen.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Incidentally the same seats were in both the left and right hand drive 1750 Mk 1s. In the RHD cars the passenger gets the benefit of the headrest...
In the LHD models the pasenger also was the only one benfitting from the head rest. Alfa had different LHD and RHD seat arrangements so as Papajam said these seats are for LHD. IMHO

FWIW

Ken

·
Registered
133 Posts
In the LHD models the pasenger also was the only one benfitting from the head rest. Alfa had different LHD and RHD seat arrangements so as Papajam said these seats are for LHD.
You can remove the seat backs and switch them. If you're often a sole occupant and the headrest is on the other side, you should switch them. Adjust the tilt mechanism until you can get an allen key into the screws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts