Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there goes my first '67 GTV off to the boneyard. This was last Saturday. I hear that she's already stripped. I'll be getting a trailer full of parts this weekend.

She will be resurrected as a street-rod soon.

P.S. cop car = bad neighborhood :(

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sad to see and old classic butchered:D
There are just sooo few left on the streets
these days.

At least she didnt go to the crusher:D

Bad neighbor? I have one of those, loud
parties, rents all the rooms out in his
house, lots of trash in the yard, etc, etc.
The next time he has a party, I think I'll
unbolt the exhaust on the Alfa, and tune her
at about 5AM:D

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I'm kinda confused, are you parting it out, then sending the body to the junk yard? Or did you send it out for body restoration?

If you don't want it, I can always fit it in my backyard.:D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry...

Sorry, I should not have mentioned a boneyard. I thought I mentioned this some where. I sold the red GTV and I got the parts. The new owner is local and was mainly interested in the body. He plans on turning it into a street rod, as it were. Hopped up 2 liter and who knows what else. I'm hoping to follow its transformation. I was hesitant to part out the car. But as previously mentioned, I am happy that I'm not sending her to a true boneyard.

I know another guy that sold this kind of street rod/GTA replica for well over $10k. (Pictured below) If anyone wants to see more pictures of this one, I can post them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small world, eh?

Yep, Peter has her now. How'd you know?

Btw, Peter got a steal compared to what I paid Nathan for her. I allowed myself to get hosed in that deal. But, I've got a ton of spare parts out of this latest deal.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
gtv

i have known peter for a while through vintage racing. he has a well prepared 67 gtv race car. i know it was him because i recognized the toyota suv and his trailer. i am pretty sure i know what he is gonna do with it. it'll be very nice...trust me!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Body Repair

I do not know how much these repairs will cost as the GTV now belongs to another. These guys are true craftsmen. If a panel can not be located they will fabricate it themselves.

The shop is primarily a Volvo repair shop so I wanted to check with the owner first. Wasn't Keven also looking for a body shop?

Ital Meccanica
15562 Producer Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714-893-5096

Ask for Alberto and tell him I sent you.

P.S. I'd save a Berlina! My 2nd favorite Alfa actually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts