Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I was very pleased to make the not too expensive upgrade to late spider style front sway bar links that do not require any pressing of bushings. Does any such thing, short of the $500 alfaholics blade kit - exist for the rear?

I am re-bushing the rear using old bushings I bought from IAP a long time back. I'm struggling to get the end link pressed onto the roll bar itself. The curve makes it hard to set it up in the press and it did not feel like it wanted to be hammered...

Photo May 05, 8 39 42 PM.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Well. The new replacement bushings drop right on and you have to weld them to the sway bar.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I mount the bar in the vise, and then get the arm situated into proper orientation. Then, using a steel hammer and an old socket (that just fits over the bar) I pound it into place. Havent screwed one up --- yet---- with this method.

Your alternative is to demount your vise from the bench and use that to hold the bar in the press fixture, making sure everything is centered

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
I mount the bar in the vise, and then get the arm situated into proper orientation. Then, using a steel hammer and an old socket (that just fits over the bar) I pound it into place. Havent screwed one up --- yet---- with this method.
I had the same press orientation problem. Big Freakin' Hammer worked for me as well.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In hindsight I have low to no faith in all the unbranded parts IAP sold. I'm going to get fresh bushings from CA and try this again. I have pressed and hammered my share of interference parts and this was taking an unholy amount of force and more or less peening the bushing.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts