Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

here's a few remaining parts i'm looking for,

130 tooth flywheel (just need the ring gear, so quality of the friction surface isn't really important)

clutch cover (bolts to the bottom of the tranny)

Euro throttle rod

shoot me a pm if you've got anything above along with a price,

thanks!!

kevin

·
Premium Member
14,533 Posts
Is the clutch cover the sort of trapezoidal shaped piece of sheet metal that is held on by 4 bolts? I have one of those.

I might have the Euro throttle end but I need more details.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Kevin, no one I know runs the sheet metal clutch cover on a race car. It isn't really necessary and is just one more thing to remove when you need to take things apart. For that reason, I have several of them if you still want one!

Unfortunately, I don't have a 130 tooth flywheel, although I have a couple of 131 tooth ones. I assume you have confirmed that the starter you are using is correct for the 130 tooth.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ed, the throttle rod is the piece that goes from the pedal over to the other side of the car. for spica cars..it bends upwards, for carb cars, it bends down. i need one for carb cars (euro).

eriK,

I'M surprised you don't run the clutch cover....no issues with debris or anything getting in there?

spruell recommends the 130 tooth for use with the bosch gear reduction unit, hence my post. i've got a 110...could even trade it if someone wants to.

·
Premium Member
14,533 Posts
I don't have the throttle end. I use one from a Bosch S3 car on my S2 Spider with Webers.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I'M surprised you don't run the clutch cover....no issues with debris or anything getting in there? .
No issues, but I try to keep it out of the "kitty litter" as much as possible! If you can't easily find the carb type pedal assembly, you might want to retain the Spica type cable. It can be adapted to the webers without too much difficulty. It also keeps everything on top where it is easier to maintain and adjust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts