Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1974 GTV
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend someone to replace the headliner in a GTV? I live in the SF Bay area and would be willing to drive within 50-75 miles. Also for those who have had this this outsourced, what would be a fair cost to have this done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Can anyone recommend someone to replace the headliner in a GTV? I live in the SF Bay area and would be willing to drive within 50-75 miles. Also for those who have had this this outsourced, what would be a fair cost to have this done?

Thanks!
Try SIDCO in Menlo Park. They support the ARA and have recently done headliners for at least two GTVs. They do good work. However, If you do choose them, be sure they don’t pre-install the screws for the rear quarter latches on the C Pillar without your direction (there are three screw hole locations on the C Pillar and they installed screws for all three under the new headliner material on my friend’s car when only two are needed)... removing the extra screw is not possible without cutting into the liner). Cost I think was about $1000 give or take a $100.

·
Registered
1974 GTV
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Ken. Another question if you know: Do they include removing and re-installing the front and back windshields? I recall reading that they both need to be removed for headliner replacement and depending on the type, the rubber seals may need to be replaced. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Thanks for the info Ken. Another question if you know: Do they include removing and re-installing the front and back windshields? I recall reading that they both need to be removed for headliner replacement and depending on the type, the rubber seals may need to be replaced. Thanks!
SIDCO can also take care of the front/back window removal and replacement. The gasket windshield version being far easier than the glue-in. I‘m pretty sure the rain gutter will need to be removed as well in order to trim and glue the headliner to the exposed roof flange. The interior trim along the top of the windows will of course need to be removed.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Here’s a photo from a tech session at their shop last year before the lockdown. As you can see from the GTV, it’s a windows out, trim off deal for the headliner.
60D664A1-2408-4522-BAB3-F17A68B99A70.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
That’s an impressive crowd for a headliner install.
That guy must be gooood!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts