Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
The seatbelt interlock "mystery box" on my '74 GTV is mounted to a little sheetmetal bracket spot welded to the right side kick panel/lower A-pillar area. It looks like a factory bracket, similar to the fuse box bracket on the other side.

Can the car run without this box? Is it just for the seatbelt warning light and buzzer? If so, I'll drill the spotwelds out and let you have the bracket.

I might be willing to part with my '74 GTV glovebox, too. I'll let you know tomorrow, after taking a closer look at the car and deciding if I can live without it. I'll take a pic of the bracket, too.

I'm mounting a Megasquirt EFI control box under the dash, behind the glovebox, and am no longer terribly concerned with originality of these trim pieces.

In trade, I'd be interested in a driver's side outside door handle in workable condition, if you have one!

George

·
Registered
256 Posts
Interlock box mounting bracket part of dash mount

Here are a couple of pics from under my '74 GTV dashboard. I can take better pictures later with the dashboard out.

This is the corner right under the passenger air vent. The interlock box fits right next to the glove box.

It turns out, the interlock box mounting bracket is the lower part of the bracket that holds the dash in place. The upper part of this bracket has the stud which the clevis on the dash slides over and gets bolted to.

So... sorry, but I can't live without it!

About the glove box... there's actually quite a bit of room behind it where I can fit the Megasquirt box, so... I'm inclined to keep it. Let's see if someone else has a spare glovebox first.

George

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.