Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of technical questions for you guys who have been working on GTVs for years.............

1. Can my 1750 glue in front windscreen be reinstalled using the neoprene gasket used on newer GTVs - 2000s? Is the Sheet metal opening a different size? Is the glass screen different? Are the gaskets available?

I know, that's more than one question.

2. Where can I get a plexiglass or Lexan rear glass fro my GTV 1750. Preferably one with hooded air slots I think it is in a gasket.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Bud,

It's the models prior to yours that have the gasketed windshield. 2L GTVs have glue-ins too. The opening in the car is the same but the gasketed windshields are smaller and use a different trim which can be very expensive. It's a fairly common mod for the later cars though. I'll be doing it to my 73 with some trim that came from a stepnose parts car. If you find some on a parts car, cut the gasket out with the trim in place. Don't try to pull the trim out of the gasket while the windshield is mounted in the car - you'll only bend it beyond salvaging. I believe Centerline sells new repro trim as well.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Alfaholics sells the lexan windows. Air vent can be bought at racecar parts shops like demon tweeks . or any near by yourself. Easy fit (but why put one on?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts