Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 74 GTV. I finally removed the front bumper. I like it better this way. Question from me suggestions from you; please. Since I live in Oregon and want to drive it on the street I need the turn signals and license plate mounted. What do you recommend? Are there kits/brackets, etc or parts that will allow me to connect the lights up without doing a lot of damage to the body. I'm not worried about the license plate. Now they're (turn signals) tangling from their wires.
Thanks for you comments.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 74 GTV. I finally removed the front bumper. I like it better this way. Question from me suggestions from you; please. Since I live in Oregon and want to drive it on the street I need the turn signals and license plate mounted. What do you recommend? Are there kits/brackets, etc or parts that will allow me to connect the lights up without doing a lot of damage to the body. I'm not worried about the license plate. Now they're (turn signals) tangling from their wires.
Thanks for you comments.
I'm just finishing a refreshing/restoration of my 1970 GTV. I also deleted the front and rear bumpers. I welded up the front valence provisions for the turn signals after I found 7" round headlights online with integrated blinkers (bottom 1/4 of lens) (see attached pic). I was going for a very "clean" look for the front and the integrated signal/headlight units helped facilitate this effort. The light fit perfectly into the existing bucket without any mod and I just pulled the existing signal wiring up to the bucket for installation. You might need to swap out your original flasher relay for an LED one. The signal works fine and there is plenty of illumination even when the headlights are on (which was an initial concern of mine).

For the license plate illumination in the back...I used "Lite n Boltz" (small LED lights that are integrated into the bolts that hold the plate to the bracket). I connected the LED lights to the original wires that serviced the original bumper mounted lights and found ground at the taillight post. They work great and illuminate when running lights come on. While these "boltz" come in all sorts of crazy colors, I selected natural white light and the illumination of the plate is just fine. I don't have a photo of the back of the car for you to see how they look; however, a quick search on the web should give you an idea. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts