Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know if they made a left or a right handed Qaud emblem for a 1969 GTV. If so which way does the stem face back or front?

Thanks

Gregg

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I think they're both the same

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,561 Posts
I bought two of the serpents less than a year ago and the green has already faded and fallen out of parts of the serpent which are left and right. Had to buy some Testors green enamel and VERY carefully fill the empty parts back in. So far it's holding in and not fading. I'f I'd have known how inferior the product was I could have just used my old ones with the Testors modle enamel. I would think the Quad would be much eaiser to refill with good enamel if one is so inclined.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If emblems are the same does the driver side Quad stem face front or rear?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, It looks that way to me also driver front and passenger rear.

·
Registered
559 Posts
There's a post called Badges(I can't figure out how to link it into this post), that covers this topic quite nicely. I always thought that the stem of the quadrofolio pointed forwards on either side. And I posted pictures from a catalog showing this.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I didn't know if they made a left or a right handed Qaud emblem for a 1969 GTV. If so which way does the stem face back or front?
There IS a difference between the left and right badge. However, it has nothing to do with the direction of the stem. It's merely the curvatures are different to lay flat against the contour of the c-pillar. I bought a set from Black Barts at the convention and it's obvious once you do a test fit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brad you are right they only fit one way. Here is a picture of finished product. These were the original to the car emblems that I had gold plated.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts