Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting this morning as I decided to drive the GTV..first I was cornered by two gentlemen over 50 at the ATM who bent my ear for several minutes, lamenting the past vehicles they have owned. Next at the freeway exit I was given a " thumbs up" by a panhandler with a cardboard sign. At the restaurant the waitress asked to be given a ride in the GTV. Finally on my way home I was in the RH lane at a signal. A Dodge Magnum three cars ahead in the left lane stayed in stopped position after the signal turned green until I passed them by as they leaned out the window and gave the GTV an approving once over. While I usually do get second glances this made me realize why I spent so much time and effort putting this GTV back together. Money and time well spent say I.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
Need photos of the waitress or it never happened :D
Pete

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sweet looking ride, but what on earth is a panhandler. It sounds more like a job for a nurses aid in a hospital :)

Can well understand why your GTV would get plenty of attention. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
@Super1600: A panhandler is a someone begging for money. In the US, the current popular trend is to stand on the side of the road at the entrance to a highway with a little cardboard sign that has some variant of "Please give me money" on it.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few before and after photos.
The restoration was never intended to return the GTV to its stock form. I "cloned" it to be as close to a 1969 as possible, although I did make a few outrageous changes so it would be easily recognizable as to who the owner was. Certainly it will offend some and please others...mission accomplished!!
Jon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Your choice of front side marker lite looks like a step nose GT lite ? Compared to the more common choice of a small round lite of a 69 US GTV or the even smaller round lite on S2 Euro 1750 GTVs.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your choice of front side marker lite looks like a step nose GT lite ? Compared to the more common choice of a small round lite of a 69 US GTV or the even smaller round lite on S2 Euro 1750 GTVs.
Side marker from 2003 BMW 325.
It just seemed to follow the body lines

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do recall selling you a few things for your GTV, was it seat hinges for 1 seat?
It was the hinge as I had 2 passenger seats. The seats are reversible, but not the hinges. They are specific right or left.
Thanks for the help, jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful car, love that color! I think the green paint and yellow fogs look very nice together. Any idea where those came from? I've been able to find the darker yellow (almost orangey) fog lights, but still haven't had any luck finding the lighter yellow ones.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful car, love that color! I think the green paint and yellow fogs look very nice together. Any idea where those came from? I've been able to find the darker yellow (almost orangey) fog lights, but still haven't had any luck finding the lighter yellow ones.
The lamps were stock on some 1974 GTV. This was a silver factory color at one time. I am not sure if certain colors were rewarded with the yellow lamps.
Thanks, Jon

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTV

Hi Jon,

Best looking pine green 105 I've seen. Colour matching the wheels really sets it off.

Cheers,
Wazza.
Thanks. The color is AR 219 Verde Englese (British Racing Green ???) It was used on series 2 spiders.
Jon

·
Registered
576 Posts
It is a very striking car! Subtlety is not its strong suit. Love it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts