Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings list members

I am new to the Alfa world. My "nicely restored" GTV was delivered in largely un-completed state and I am left to sort out nearly everything. I am in need of a LOT of help since I don't have any of the helpful resources like tech manuals and parts lists.

Step one for me is to get it running. I need help with figuring out how the ignition switch is wired. I have all the wires, they are just disconnected. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Step two will be to attack the fuel system. Anyone have a gas tank?

Feel free to give me a call and we can talk more

Mike Benno
503-756-7587

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mike,

As far as your ignition switch wiring...

Red striped black wire, 50
Brown wire, 15/54
Red wire, 30
Green wire, 16

The numbers are on the switch next to each terminal. Hope this helps some.

-Doug

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
I don't have any of the helpful resources like tech manuals and parts lists.
A manual like the one pictured below would address a lot of your questions (like the wiring diagram). Available on Amazon for $30, probably on half.com for less.

Anyone have a gas tank?
Centerline sells new fuel tanks; see: https://www.centerlinealfa.com/fuel-system/1217 Their price is $400.

From your photos, it looks like your car came with a tank. What's wrong with it? A lower cost solution might be to have your existing tank cleaned & sealed locally.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
The red color shown in the tank inlet is exactly the color that my resealed fuel tank had.

It may have already been resealed. Look to see if there is a plug in the bottom where the excess was poured out. Alternatively, put some fuel in it and see if it reacts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I am headed over to the car now armed with the good info. I will also likely purchase the tech manual reference. That was exactly what I was looking for to start.

Regarding the gas tank, there is one in the car, it correct for SPICA (fuel line on bottom) but not the original. It's from a yellow car according to the overspray on the bottom. However there is a lot of rust in the tank and the filler neck looks to be very corroded, the bottom also has a big dent in it. I question whether it is a good candidate for restoration. I did some checking… $100 to sandblast it inside and out. $200 to refurbish the inside and paint the outside. Getting close to a replacement prices ($300 IAP / $400 Centerline)

Are the reproduction tanks good quality? Do you know if one vendor's is better than another?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts