Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a '74 GTV back in my college days. Sold it to a guy from canoe U. (USNA) when I got married. :( Big mistake. Anyway, my GTV had a sticker on the back seat that said, "This seat not to be occupied while the vehicle is in motion". :confused: Has anybody else ever heard of that. Didn't really stop me from using the back seat (sparingly), even had 7 (SEVEN!!!) people in the car once.

Thinking and planning to get another GTV before too long...

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Welcome to the BB.

If I'm not mistaken, Alfa issued a recall to afix that sticker to the 1974 US GTVs. There's a scan of the sticker in this thread.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I thought that was to get around some kind of tax laws where it was sold as a 2 seater as long as people were told not to use the back seats.

"Thinking and planning to get another GTV before too long..."

Don't wait too long.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Well if they intended the rear seats to only be occupied when the vehicle isn't moving, they must have had only one use in mind! In which case they could have designed it a bit better for the intended use. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Damo,

I may presume you've tried it as it's been intended:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought that was to get around some kind of tax laws where it was sold as a 2 seater as long as people were told not to use the back seats.

"Thinking and planning to get another GTV before too long..."

Don't wait too long.
Safety regulations perhaps?

-Dima

1 - 7 of 7 Posts