Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
The OHC Norton engines are probably worth something. They are at least Internationals and possibly early Manx.

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
It is a Manx engine. It was in a fire.
Almost everyone who has sold vehicles has at least one regret. One of mine was an OHC Norton. When I bought it, it had been stored in a shed for many years and the owner knew little about it. I thought that it was an Inter. Another local guy who was into old bikes wanted it and I sold it for 60 English pounds - a small profit. The new owner took it to a vintage meet where it was recognized by Eric Oliver, the former world sidecar champion, as a special 600cc Manx works engine from one of his bikes. He wanted it and traded a mint Vincent Black Shadow for it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know the make and model of the car with the busted windshield pictured next to the Fiero is?

You have to at least feel for the European odd-ball car hoarder. It's a different affliction than the guy with a yard full of old chevvies IMO.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Cool stuff.

Does anyone know the make and model of the car with the busted windshield pictured next to the Fiero is?
Never seen nuthin' like it, and I had the same reaction on that coupe. I fwdd the link to a friend who's good with oddball Euro cars (owns a couple Tatra's and a Panhard like the blue one). If he knows, I'll post his response. He's also a big microcar and motorcycle collector, wouldn't surprise me if he travels to this auction.
- Art

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
Good gosh, this collection looks like something out of "American Pickers".

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Del, American Pickers would give their left lug nut for this collection... Its moments like this that I wish I had a proper garage and abundant time to attend to it...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Coupe ID

That windowless coupe shell is a Deutsch-Bonnet. Very low production, if you can even call it a production car. Wiki says each car was produced individually, no two the same. Usually employed Panhard engine of some sort.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_HBR_5

Cheers,
- Art

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pics of the Giulia?

·
Registered
576 Posts
This one?

Attachments