Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete set of molded urethane bumpers (F & R) from the European market cars for our NA market 1986 GTV-6. Need attachment hardware also, don't mind minor scuffs but the bumper facing needs to be in reasonably good condition.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Rob-- we're braced for it. Got a price last fall on a set from jolly olde England, via one of our favorite vendors there, but they were incomplete and scuffed up pretty badly. Looks like it could run $600 -$800, actually, with shipping.

I'm not too concerned with mounting them either, most of that can be fabbed like you say.

But man, do they look good, nicely integrated with the body, even the parking lights look so much better. We'll see... Mike's moving ahead with getting it painted this summer anyway.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Be aware that the front bumper S A G S in the middle between the signal lights.

I like the Euro bumpers because the look is cleaner and they are much lighter, but I have the front one off the car now while I try to figure out how to cure the sag.

Going to try and fabricate a reinforcing bar that will shove and hold the center in place. If that doesn't work, I'll need to do some cut and splice.

Mine came from a guy parting a car in England - cost about $500 plus shipping. Complete w/o the brackets. Thought it was a good deal.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, I had noticed what I thought was kind of a bump-out at the front, but you say it sags across there Mark? Hmmmm... your idea of a steel reinforcement across there should push that urethane up though. I assume they're not metal backed like the S4 Spider bumpers.

If you don't mind, please post a photo or two of what that looks like inside the bumper, ok? I got a quote of about $600 including shipping, so we're talking the same money basically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts