Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I’m posting this on multiple threads. I just found a source for euro bumpers in Italy and of course shipping isn’t cheap if anyone needs a set we can split the shipping cost to make it more Economical. If interested pm me and i can provide more information.
-Caleb Hayward

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
582 Posts
Ah. funny. Me too. bumpers are not hard to find, but the complete with turn lights....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Turn signals are the same on US and Euro bumpers, they’re just mounted differently.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Turn signals are the same on US and Euro bumpers, they’re just mounted differently.
The turn signal lenses are molded with a different, flatter contour on the European cars. But yes, the body of the turn signal assembly is the same.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The turn signal lenses are molded with a different, flatter contour on the European cars. But yes, the body of the turn signal assembly is the same.
Interesting. One of our other forum buddies had me source a ‘euro’ turn signal lense on a trip to Australia, which I did, and when we got it here and compared to his US one it was the same part. I guess it could have been replaced earlier in its life.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yep... might have been, since either will fit. The flatter Euro lens matches the corners of the molded bumper, while the NA market lens protrudes a bit farther. Just a detail I noticed when we received the bumpers and lights.
20160917_160814.jpg

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
582 Posts
I also saw someone sell clear "white" lens. Must be off brand . It must be the only car that clear white does not improve the looks at all.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yep... might have been, since either will fit. The flatter Euro lens matches the corners of the molded bumper, while the NA market lens protrudes a bit farther. Just a detail I noticed when we received the bumpers and lights.
Thanks - one more interesting Alfa trivia item for the memory bank!

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
582 Posts
Hello everyone I’m posting this on multiple threads. I just found a source for euro bumpers in Italy and of course shipping isn’t cheap if anyone needs a set we can split the shipping cost to make it more Economical. If interested pm me and i can provide more information.
-Caleb Hayward
So my source went dark. Hope he is OK but I haven't heard from him in months, haow about you? Still have the contact? I might be interested.
Let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Check in with johni6020, our Euro parts contact in The Netherlands. John was our source for European bumpers.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
582 Posts
I have friends and family looking for them in England, Italy, Holland and Spain. So far nothing.
And I was told that they are almost 3 times the price they were a couple years ago.
My intention was to bring as many as possible for whoever wants them. Sharing a container in a boat or something alike. But by the way it looks, not even a set.

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hello everyone sorry for going silent and not responding I am not on the forums as much as I should be. as of right now we can order anytime however I am painting my gtv6 this week and then I have to pay for an interior so the last thing on my list to finish the car is euro bumpers. that is why I haven't ordered them yet. i can give you the contact info for carlo if you want the bumpers asap but if you want to save money on shipping ill be ordering them probably withing the next 2 months or so. the bumpers come with brackets and trim I believe. again sorry for the inconvenience

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
582 Posts
also the price before shipping for front and rear is around $700
For that price i am in. as a lot of us will be in here. For sure
I hope everybody can wait a little more and order a bunch together to save on shipping. Anyway, count me in

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
This sounds too good to be true. Make sure this source is reliable. As alfaloco says you should check in with johni6020, our Euro parts contact in The Netherlands before handing over money. Hope it's true however!
Cheers, James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts