Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just removed the bumpers from my GTV to give it the racecar look, and have a question. What do guys do with the front turn signals if they remove the bumper? The car looks SOOO much better, but now I have huge rectangular blinkers, that were once connected under the bumper, hanging by the front valance. Any help? Pics?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used little round LED motorcycle blinkers made by Lockhart Phillips. Try CycleGear's website. They have red, clear, and amber ones for 20 smackers.

If you ever decide to sell your bumpers, give me holler.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There's a set of front and rear bumpers from a 74 on E-bay right now. Don't know if it's what your looking for but you might check out the auction.

·
Registered
410 Posts
GTVHAM did you use the LED dots? Did you have to get one of the controllers to make them function? And how did you attach them to the body? Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucas Lights

Steve,
Thanks for the help, and also to everyone else who responded! If members have any other ideas, let me know, as I am exploring all my options. Thanks again.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

The lights from a '60s mini fit right in the hole and they come in orange or white depending on what you like. They look like the lucas ones in the photo above but maybe just a bit bigger. I'll try to find a photo.

Andrew

·
Registered
318 Posts
GTVHAM did you use the LED dots? Did you have to get one of the controllers to make them function? And how did you attach them to the body? Thanks.

Yes, I got the dots. I'll try to post a picture of it, so you can see how it looks like before committing to buying them. The lights came with a nut, so I just screwed it on to the base. They're pretty basic, but they're cheap. I didn't put a controller on it. I can't remember if they blink at a normal rate. I'll check that tomorrow as well. They're pretty bright at night. Not so much during the day.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I mounted some lights from the old Mini cooper (the dual filament type) so I kept both the the turn signal and the parking lights.

I made the holes that the wire used to come out bigger, and drill three tiny holes around it, mount the mini turn signals right on it.

I bought my lights from Minimania.com

http://www.minimania.com/web/Item/1B9100/AddedFrom/CatBrowse- LAMPS/InvDetail.cfm

I went cheap and bought the plasitc lens one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered my Lucas lights yesterday. Thanks everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts