Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just hoping someone might know off hand why my fuel pressure warning light might be coming on only upon hard to moderate deceleration? No other complains from the motor except for the odd burbling sound when coming off the accelerator. I'm not sure how much of that is normal, as I'm pretty new to the car. It's a carb Euro model.

best,

Jordan

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
A fuel pressure light on a euro carb'ed car? I didn't think they had them. Are you sure you're not looking at the low oil light? At least in USA SPICA cars the low fuel light is amber and the low oil is red.

If it is low oil, the manual says that an occasional blinking at idle is not a concern. Personally I'm not crazy about ever seeing it ever coming on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eeek, I'm not sure, but It's not the warning light in the oil pressure gauge that is indicating, but a red light to the right of the ignition key on the wood part of the dash, but before the stereo. I thought it might be fuel pressure, but now I have no idea. Only had the car a couple of days. Thanks so much for the input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found a picture from a 1750 manual. It looks like it's in the position of the "Service brake warning light"? I just had the car looked at for a safety inspection and they replaced the right outer tie rod. They didn't note any problems with the brake system. Although this is suspicious, as I don't recall seeing this light come on before I brought it in. Also makes sense that the light would come on upon deceleration, because I'm tapping the brakes.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Duh! You are right - the low oil pressure light in a 1750 is integrated in the gauge.

In addition to the level, check the connection to the sensors. If it's a hanging pedal the sensor is atop the reservoir. If it's floor pedals the sensors are on a manifold bolted to the firewall.

If it's an electrical issue ask papajam on the bb for a schematic.

Good luck and post pictures of your GTV!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake fluid was indeed low, for sure low enough to trip the sensor. I guess the light was doing what it's supposed to do! I just topped it up, so I'll keep checking over the next few days to see if I can find any leaks. I'll post shots of the car asap. Thanks again for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts