Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1969 Alfa GTV 1750 SVRA / HSR / Sovern Legal

Body: all steel - no fiberglass. Incredible condition. Beautiful paint on a California no rust car - NO current damage. Glass windshield, side and back plexi. Stock appearing full interior with additional gauges and safety provisions. Full 8 point roll cage w/braces to foot well. Easy access double door bars. Window net. ATL 12 gallon fuel cell with .060” aluminum enclosure. Six point slotted pro-seats and harnesses – Passenger seat and harness currently installed. Three nozzle fire system with remote actuation. Approximate 2100 #’s.
Engine: professionally built 1750 cc, 4 cylinder, DOHC, Cosworth 12.7-1 pistons, Carillo rods, Megacycle cams. Dual 45 DCOE Webers, velocity stacks with air cleaners. Custom equal length 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust system, heat coated, rear exit. Radiator mounted oil cooler, alternator, electric fan. Light alloy 12 lb flywheel. Electronic ignition
Schwitters ultra close ratio transmission - 1.99, 1.46, 1.14, 1.00, 85. New '09, serviced '11 - minimal use since. Heavy duty clutch disc and alloy pressure plate. Balanced drive shaft
Front suspension: springs 1,200 lbs, Bilstein shocks, Beck forward facing front anti-sway bar
Rear Suspension: W&D Springs - 250-270 lbs, Koni shocks, located by special trailing links and panhard rod, rear sway bar. 4.78, limited slip differential
Brakes: big ATE steel front brakes (VW bus). Mechanical adjustable bias bar (front to rear). Tilton top mounted dual master cylinders pedal assembly.
Panasport wheels with Hoosier Tires D.O.T. R6 205-60-14" - Only used last year at the Alfa Detroit Convention and stored properly.

More picture will be available next week when the car comes out of storage. Will be available at the Watkins Glen SVRA event in July if not sold. Car is located outside Rochester New York

Turn Key – needs nothing $33,000

Contact Chris at 585 330 5456 – [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Needs a trailer, lol. "Beck forward facing front anti-sway bar" as in Jack Beck? Did you ever dyno the engine to see what the hrspwr was?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engine Build

Engine was built by well know Alfa Race Shop Autostrada in Washington by noted Alfa BB member "Fred" and he quotes "a solid 170/175 HP with lots of torque..."

Please no useless comments about HP numbers -

Vintage races are won in a good car - by a good driver with brains by keeping his right foot down the longest...enough said

·
Registered
291 Posts
word!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Better Pics / Giulietta Veloce

Was at the 1000 Islands Concours and took some better picks.
Car will be in the Alfa race at the SVRA Watkins Glen event next weekend for those who have an interest.

The 1980 National SCCA Champion Giulietta Veloce of Steve Schwitter will also be there - Not competing but For Sale

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glen Race Results

Just got back from the Glen SVRA races. Great time - Great people.

This was the first time that car has been run on the East coast so it was interesting to see what it could do.

I had another car entered in another class so only ran two sessions to familiarize myself with the car. At the end of the day driving John's car VERY EASY and shifting at 7200 Vs 8000 I finished 5th in the B Sedan class out of 17 cars entered and 10th overall. I had fun chasing Vince Vaccaro's beautiful GTV finishing right behind him and was within a second of Besic's and Mocas's times so I was very pleased with the 1750's performance with the passenger seat and full interior starting the race with 8 gallons of fuel at 2047 #'s.

There's a lot left in the car...

The Ultra Close Ratio box was a pleasure.

Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WELL...... you could say it was and incredibly well put together car to begin with.....

But then it was perfected even more once it got to NY.......

I'll stick with that : )

Chris D

You done Good Fred....

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Headers-

They were made in SoCal, a copy in mild steel of the Norman Race Group headers. They work very well especially at the top end above 7K rpm.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 Vintage Race Car - SVRA - HSR - SCCA -Soverign - B Sedan

Still available - going into storage soon.

Will deal and help with shipping. Thanks

Chris D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts