Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking for a GTV 2000, but would settle for a 1750. Must be in excellent running condition, but need not be pristine. The car is for my father - he owned one before he had kids and I'm looking to find one for him for his 57th birthday. Looking to spend between $20 000 and $25 000.

The car MUST be in Canada (I don't want to deal with importing it), and ideally would be located within a couple hours drive of Toronto.

Thanks,

-James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip - I'm hardly an expert on these cars - more of a vintage Porsche/BMW man. My father owned a 2000, and my goal is a car as close as possible to the one he had, that' the only reason I'd prefer it. If the 1750's a better car though, that's something I'll definitely consider - why do people prefer them?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
James,
Speak to Ocean Drive Motors. 416-742-7197. They have a nice one in their showroom. North York area. Good luck

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
why do people prefer them?
The 1750 is much more "free revving" and almost equally as powerful as the 2000.

BTW, I used to be a BMW (three 2002tii, E30M3, etc) Porsche (914, 911SC) guy too... till I discovered Alfas ;):D.

Very :cool: that you are doing this for your Dad. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
1750 GTV in Toronto

Hi JJJames,

I will be putting my 1750 up for sale shortly. Located in Toronto.
Lovely 1750 engine, complete, but some cosmetic flaws.

Photos are here:
1971 Alfa GTV

Please let me know if you are interested in seeing it.

James Cook
416-536-8122

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is too weird

James

Great looking car. I recognised the factory area where you took those pictures. Strange thing is that I keep my 1750 in my garage about 100 feet away. Is that weird or what?

Len

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Ha! That IS weird.
Although that factory area is no longer quite so recognisable. Sad :(
I always liked that little area.
I wonder where that area is. As I do not recognize it.

Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's in Toronto, where Sterling Road meets Perth Avenue. Recently those buildings were demolished. More condos on the way I suspect.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
It's in Toronto, where Sterling Road meets Perth Avenue. Recently those buildings were demolished. More condos on the way I suspect.
Thanks, I've only driven those streets once and actually just a month ago after dark.

Regards

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts