Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I have finally ‘dug out’ my type 33 seat. To the best of my knowledge it is an original. It is in a ‘sad state’ and needs a lot of repair work. The cloth is also original. To me, without cutting through one of the struts, these are solid. They sound solid when ‘tapped’ and not hollow. They are for ‘period correct’ use and are not up to modern safety standards - probably designed for a maximum weight of 85 kg and 10 g forward impact case. Does not provide much protection for ‘rear end impact’ and safety belt arrangements. Just my opinion and limited knowledge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you very much for the very interesting information, extremely useful as mine are solid as well.
Still need to locate the sliders.
Kind regards, Alberto

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello Alberto, I have no idea where you can source the sliders. Could you make them yourself maybe - if I remember correctly they are fairly complex?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
try to make it yourself in same quality for better money? Or try to find old ones and restore them?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
try to make it yourself in same quality for better money? Or try to find old ones and restore them?
Agreed. At restoration shop labour rates of say $100 /hour how much could these cost. The Alfaholics price would be far exceeded just in the thinking and planning of the job, IMHO.

FWIW

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thank you Don! I think that one at a time, I mighjt be able to collect the ones I require.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My daughter works in Paris. She has very kindly offered to take 4 seat shells.
Greatly diminishes shipping expenses for EU.

Regards, Alberto

41 - 58 of 58 Posts