Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hello alberto,

were these seat molds shells pulled from a real autodelta seat? what will the asking price be?
Yes davbert, pulled off a real Autodelta seat. As far as pricing is concerned, we are a bit early in the game.

Will let you know posthaste.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My seat is an original Autodelta part, from which we pulled the mould.

It came from a Monte Carlo entry GTAjunior as passenger seat.

in the photo, the seat covering was removed to do the glass work.

Sold to me from a very reputable source on the GTA section.

Regards, Alberto

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
Like I said, I was not making any claim myself but just quoting what the seller claims. He said it's a 33 seat, though it's in a Giulietta.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Glad to see that this effort is proceeding ;)

If the seats will be as nice as the airboxes they will be great ... you may have to make them rougher so they look like real Autodelta.

BTW, if you are not seriously racing and want to use a 6-point belt you can use a wrap around type and wrap around the front seat mounts and use with your 4-point harness. Good for exhibition type driving anyway ... at least for me ... YMMV ...
Thank you! They will be exactly as the original, no need to make them look rougher, as the mould reflects exactly as the original Autodelta.

On the lighter side, we discovered that the metal tube frame around the seat shell was held on with bailing wire,

prior to the fiberglass application. Really, really suicidal. No wonder outfits like 'Fusina', one of the pioneers,

started making 'proper' seats.

Great opportunity!

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yes davbert, pulled off a real Autodelta seat. As far as pricing is concerned, we are a bit early in the game.

Will let you know posthaste.

Regards, Alberto
Thank you! They will be exactly as the original, no need to make them look rougher, as the mould reflects exactly as the original Autodelta.

On the lighter side, we discovered that the metal tube frame around the seat shell was held on with bailing wire,

prior to the fiberglass application. Really, really suicidal. No wonder outfits like 'Fusina', one of the pioneers,

started making 'proper' seats.

Great opportunity!

Regards, Alberto
wonderful, thank you. Let us know once you figure it out. did anyone run these seats on the passenger side too on 105 cars?

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
wonderful, thank you. Let us know once you figure it out. did anyone run these seats on the passenger side too on 105 cars?
My seat is an original Autodelta part, from which we pulled the mould.

It came from a Monte Carlo entry GTAjunior as passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The original tubing frame around the seats was made of hollow tubing.

Would it be a better 'mousetrap' :) , if made out of solid stuff?

The weight increase would be negligible, possibly a bit sturdier. Thoughts, ideas?

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Chromoly it shall be. Only issue, what would be the wall thickness?

Thank you all for the help.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
are there any bosses infused in the fiber glass for fasteners in the original? or is it just bonded into the metal space frame?

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Davbert, it is just bonded into the metal space frame.

No bosses at all, just bailing wire to temporarily hold it in place while the resin dried up.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, deathtraps. Imagine using them as they did in a 33 :)

I really don't think chromoly would make much of a difference, only more expensive and just as deadly.

We will continue...

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
33 are worse since they are surrounded by a pair of napalm tanks to make certain they will put you out of misery in a crash :)

i took these pic back around 2004 at meadowbrook. i recall they later put an unpainted body on, anyone seen it lately?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 58 Posts