Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.0 liter pushing 8psi of boost . Lots of hp! Not dynoed yet , but pulls like a v8.lots of fuel keeps things happy , larger injectors , boost fuel pressure regulator. And also a 7th injector to keep the charge cool.boost retard system for timing . Was running 10 rib belt on supercharger , but just installed cog system . No slippage!😉 Running a 3.58 rear and you can still light up the tires in 2nd. Very happy with results , but always improving set up. Keeping boost low so it can be a fun track car and most important reliable . Seat of the pants dyno must be at least 300hp running 100 octane. Lots of fun trying to keep it straight!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Can you, please, provide some information on the supercharger you chose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
3.0 liter pushing 8psi of boost . Lots of hp! Not dynoed yet , but pulls like a v8.lots of fuel keeps things happy , larger injectors , boost fuel pressure regulator. And also a 7th injector to keep the charge cool.boost retard system for timing . Was running 10 rib belt on supercharger , but just installed cog system . No slippage!😉 Running a 3.58 rear and you can still light up the tires in 2nd. Very happy with results , but always improving set up. Keeping boost low so it can be a fun track car and most important reliable . Seat of the pants dyno must be at least 300hp running 100 octane. Lots of fun trying to keep it straight!

Where did you find the 3.58 ring and pinion? It would be great to pick one up if its not a fortune!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the details, Alfonso... looks like a very nicely done, neat installation... car looks great too....

I'm toying with the idea of supercharging the 2 Litre Nord in my lightweight wide-body GTA replica using a small Eaton blower sucking through a weber carb...

What are you using for the ignition system?

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
Nice.

BTW unless the v6 runs anti-clockwise you have your supercharger belt tensioner on the wrong side of the belt. It should be on the slack side. It appears to be on the "driven" side. Does it matter? ... only to the engineering sorts ;)

Pete

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all bosch l jetronic . with larger injectors fuel boost dependant regulator,and also additional injector.works great,also running a boost retard timiing system from jacobs electronics. was going to go for a new fuel injection setup but this has been running very well. with great air fuel ratio.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I came here thinking this would be an oil-driven supercharged GTA but I will happily "settle" for what we have here. Beautiful work. Videos??

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Can you, please, provide some information on the supercharger you chose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's Vortech centrifugal, probably a V5 (they're rated to something like 400hp), maybe a (bigger) V4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alfonso, I'm guessing the 7th injector you're referring to is the cold start injector, re-purposed and energized to spray fuel whenever you're under boost. Correct?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts