Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you remember that GTAM replica -- same color as Fred Wright's racer that was for sale in Oregon?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
do any of you remember that GTAM replica -- same color as Fred Wright's racer that was for sale in Oregon?
yes i do remember driving that car near portland back in the early 90's. I recall it had a nardi wheel and panasports built off a mK2 1750.

i recall the owner at the time was a racer of some sort and had a collection of german cars in his garage which included porsche 962.

to this day that very car remains one of the sweetest gtv ive sampled. im not sure what it had suspension wise but the motor was near stock.

i have a photo laying around somewhere i can scan and post up someday.

cheers

db

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I remember it well. It was mine from the summer of '83 until early '86. Flares were done shortly thereafter when it belonged to good friend of mine. I helped him sell the car back in '91. It didn't meet reserve on ebay, did it?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
mike

these photos of mine might have been taken at your old shop near lake union? I think the guys name was david schroder...

i dont know what he did to the suspension but i remember it as being a great driver... a near perfect street set up. i was suprised how well it rode on the 50 series tires.

I think i would have bought it if it was a Mk1 1750

cheers

db

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Hi DB,
That doesn't look like my shop but it is certainly from the same time period. It was (and probably still is) a great car. Here's one from the shop wash bay just before it sold:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
So Mike -
Is that the car I tried to rescue as it sat on the I-405 shoulder about three years ago, after a minor problem on the way to an NWARC track day? Different color - Same look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts