Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,920 Posts
The most significant bit from that press release is this:

"These options when used in total make the 1750 G.T. Veloce - ..."

Interesting ... so Autodelta could have built up GTAm's outside the chassis numbers Alfa Romeo set aside ... maybe?

Pete
ps: I'm pretty sure the meaning of GTAm debate was settled many years ago ... :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I was always curious but never bothered asking.

I agree that the total list of options would be interesting reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im new at this forum and i want informatios about the engine block of the GTAm ,photos for examble . I have some questions
- the engine block of the 1779 cc is different as the gtam or is the same and to increase the volume you must put only the monosleeve?
- is this engine block the same at other models of alfa and at what models is this ?
- the position of the spark plug at the cylinderhead with one spark plug is at the top or at the side ?
- if someone have photos of all ?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
If I read between the lines, and Pete's comments about chassis numbers, could you therefore build up a GTAm from a 1750 GT Veloce totally legally using period parts?

·
Registered
11,920 Posts
If I read between the lines, and Pete's comments about chassis numbers, could you therefore build up a GTAm from a 1750 GT Veloce totally legally using period parts?
It would still be considered a replica. To get the big money you would need to own one of the specified chassis numbers.

Now this would be really complicated if you came upon a car that was converted in period and raced, etc. ... I guess it's race history would be the selling point?
Pete

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
There is an adage which says "show me a racing car with matching numbers and I will show you a car that's done nothing". Its a real problem, in that any successful racing car was properly modified many times over to get the last vestige of edge, then sold to someone who didn't have the financial clout to continue in this vein. Years down the line you could (and do) end up with a car which appears to be totally incorrect but has a continuous racing history. I am pleased I don't have the problem to sort out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have just learned from a definitive source that the page in question was part of the Competition Advisory Service and was written by Don Black.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts