Alfa Romeo Forums banner
381 - 400 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
No, they were two completely different teams. The colour of the Stichts Racing Team - S.R.T. - cars were white with the Dutch stripes on the front until '68 (TI Super with Hans Oskamp and Henk van Zalinge, GTA with Nico Chiotakis and Johnny Muller), B.F. Woltering ran the team. The cars were white in '70 (GTAJ with Wim Boshuis, already sponsored by Elf), red and later Giallo Ocra in '70 (GTAm with Hezemans sponsored by Elf, too), and that kind of dark turquoise in '71 (GTAm with Liane Engeman, later Jan van der Pol, GTAJ with Frans Lubin and Wim Boshuis). In '72 only the GTAJ with Boshuis was left.
Team 4711 - Sir >Irish Moss< was a rival team in '71 only with a GTAm with Nico Chiotakis and a GTAJ with Bob van der Sluis who won the nat. championship that year. The team was run by Sam van Lingen, the cars had a much brighter turquoise, exactly like the colour of the Eau de Cologne which is more green.

·
Registered
902 Posts
No, they were two completely different teams. The colour of the Stichts Racing Team - S.R.T. - cars were white with the Dutch stripes on the front until '68 (TI Super with Hans Oskamp and Henk van Zalinge, GTA with Nico Chiotakis and Johnny Muller), B.F. Woltering ran the team. The cars were white in '70 (GTAJ with Wim Boshuis, already sponsored by Elf), red and later Giallo Ocra in '70 (GTAm with Hezemans sponsored by Elf, too), and that kind of dark turquoise in '71 (GTAm with Liane Engeman, later Jan van der Pol, GTAJ with Frans Lubin and Wim Boshuis). In '72 only the GTAJ with Boshuis was left.
Team 4711 - Sir >Irish Moss< was a rival team in '71 only with a GTAm with Nico Chiotakis and a GTAJ with Bob van der Sluis who won the nat. championship that year. The team was run by Sam van Lingen, the cars had a much brighter turquoise, exactly like the colour of the Eau de Cologne which is more green.
Hello Martin, thanks for your input. With so much discussion of blue vs blue vs green being talked about & pictures of both in the same thread, it was hard to realize they were actually different teams, not the same with different sponsors at times! Thanks for the clarification: and the description of 'dark turquoise' might well explain why it is difficult to judge the blue color in old photos.
Vince.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The shades of petrol/turqoise I (my personal opinion on that, regretfully no hard proof) think were possibly in line with the basecolor of the car on trailer and the Boshuis GTA do react on kind of light, even sun or clouded weather, being inside and kind of light inside. I have pictures of different light conditions and allways slightly different color. Outside in natural light it seems more blue, inside under TL more green.

see pictures in album Barnfind! on this page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/geldersracingteam/photos/?tab=albums

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 · (Edited)
Had a quick search

It is just expsure or print error
Hello fellow alfa bb-ers,

I had a search on the internet.
Found a series from our Dutch television.
It is called "Andere tijden sport" which translates into sometime like "Sports back then".
This episode is about Liane. I have seen it on television back then.
Look at the pictures in the link towards our alfaclub forum.
The car is definitely green in this picture. Same picture, other exposure.
I will ask Liane herself.

https://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=80095

The pictures have copyright. Sources on the picture.

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 · (Edited)
The colour is described as Petrol to Turquoise

Hello fellow members,

I got a message from Liane herself and from the son of the teammanager as well.

They both said that the colour on the cars that year was a mid between green and blue. They descrbed it as petrol or petrol blue. It is sligjty more green than the blue part in the Elf logo on the side. The picture of the Boshuis car is reflecting the colour quite good. For me, it resembles the colour Alfa Romeo colour Bluette with a little more green. some people describe it as more turquoise. A tribute car has recently been painted in that colour.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
Rob Slotemaker Transavia 1750 GTAm #1530848

Hello members,

I got some new info for me on the Transavia Rob Slotemakker 1750 GTAm.
I knew it had been sitting in a garage, from the end of the seventies until 1998.
A fellow Alfisti told me he had seen the same car in that garage in 2008.

- Patrick Dasse mentiones the chassisnumber in the second edition of "Alleggerita" without any history.
- Tony Adriaensens mentiones the chassisnumber in the first edition of "Alleggerita" with "Original colour: Red. History: Previously owned and raced by Toine Hezemans, currently in Holland".

1970: Transavia Holland for Rob Slotemaker in the Dutch National Championship
1971: ?
1972: Team Radio Veronica for Toine Hezemans in the Dutch National Championship
1977?: Sold to Willem van Voorthuijzen accoording to sources. It was apparently kept at Alfa Romeo Nederland until that moment in time. can someone confirm that? The year is an educated guess based on the stories I have been told. 1977 was mentioned but it could have been 1978 or 1979 as well. Have to check that.
1988: Seen by me in the garage in Amsterdam. The car is sitting under a cloth, the front is higher than normal because the engine is out.
1998: Seen by me in the garage in Amsterdam, same condition.
2008: Seen by a fellow Alfisti in the same garage in Amsterdam.

The car was complete, interior still in. The engine was sitting in the cellar waiting for an inspection / rebuild as far as I can remember.

Does anyone know what happened to the car after 2008?

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hello fellow members,

I got a message from Liane herself and from the son of the teammanager as well.

They both said that the colour on the cars that year was a mid between green and blue. They descrbed it as petrol or petrol blue. It is sligjty more green than the blue part in the Elf logo on the side. The picture of the Boshuis car is reflecting the colour quite good. For me, it resembles the colour Alfa Romeo colour Bluette with a little more green. some people describe it as more turquoise. A tribute car has recently been painted in that colour.
so it seems I am reasonably close on my car?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 · (Edited)
Maybe it would be useful if GTAm replicas post their chassis number so we know what we are looking at in the future when they come up for sale ... in say 20 years time.

Pete
Hi Pete,

A look into the register section of the second edition of "Alleggerita" will be sufficient but doesn't always help you much further where the racing history is concerned. 😀 Updating the information on individual chassis in this thread could be a way too. In "Alleggerita", some of the chassisnumbers contain less info than others. For example # 1530840, 0841, 0843 and 0848. So there is room for additions. And in the previous posts, that process has been started. Would it be an idea to start an update on what you all have been written in the previous posts by updating the information on the chassisnumbers in this thread? The last list was compiled in post #274 in this thread. GTAm chassisnumbers

Ciao! Olaf

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hello,
I don't understand the last post.
What is the relevance of this car for sale? It is just a '69 1750GTV version USA.
Has nothing to do with the Gp2 GTAm race cars of the period, other than being of the basic model submitted for FIA homologation.
Regards,
Vince.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
381 - 400 of 445 Posts