Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED GTAj HOOD SNAKE DECAL IN WHITE WITH SERRATED EDGE. OR A SOURCE, BUT MUST BE SERRATED (WAVY) EDGE. Needed to replace the one on the hood of my 1969 Giulia Super Biscone. Must be about 52 to 53 cm tall.

20191122_133134.jpg
20191122_133054.jpg
C9E92544-31D1-4C4E-B35D-503E30B97716.jpeg

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Yes I saw 2 venders, looks like same part, looks like wavy edge but not clear but am awaiting confirmation from vender. Prefer better known vender.

thx ken

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Ken, I sourced my snake and stripe from eBay, (never found the other one I had), but the kit came with, 2 serpents, 1 serrated and one straight cut, as well as maybe 4 quadrifogliio's, some Scuderia del Portello, decals, 1300 GTA Junior trunk decals, Autodelta decals as well as the correct width Junior side stripes. Available in white or green and comes with a nicely done color guide to correct placement. I know you just want the serpent, but with this it's like Christmas except for the price, here is the link alfa romeo giulia gta 1300 decals stickers adesivi | eBay, Fran

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Ken I have some (3 actually) The only thing I have no control over is will it still release from the backing paper and stick? If you pay the postage I’m willing to send you one and if it’s OK you owe me something. Are you going to buff that hood??
35A1657C-6C72-4304-907D-533B370DB22F.jpeg

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FRED. I quite like that hood the way it is, it is the rest of the car that is the problem. It is getting body work and paint.

When I first started investigating this I was working with a custom decal shop in Hong Kong. He did not know about the serrated edge. So I sent that picture of my hood and he asked if I wanted to reproduce the cracks and patina. It has been on the hood since 1994 outside under cover if not in use. Venders say decals will last 7 to 8 years.

As to your how old are they

Ciao

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Hello Ken,
I have the snakes in Red, White, and Green,
quadrifoglios as well, in same colors.
Reproduced from factory originals.
Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Albert. Snakes with serrated edges?? Can you post a picture please

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,020 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Mine are an EXACT copy of the Original Autodelta version.
Somewhere, I still have the original with the parts number.
Had one on my Nissan pick up for about 10 years under full sun and rain,
then it started to wrinkle at the edges.
Phil, Thank you for posting for me, save me time.
The adhesive is tip top condition.
I have enough to supply the whole BB.
Regards,
Alberto

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@kengta , I am curious about this. This serrated edge looks a bit random. If @justcallmefred has originals, they can be used to create patterns for new ones. You would need to find someone with a very large flatbed scanner or drum scanner. Once the thing is scanned, it can be vectorized so that an accurate reproduction can be made.
Hey Brian. Yes I like my random serrated edge better but will settle for original pattern. The 2 main UK providers have only straight cut edges. Do not Know when or from whom I got It. Maybe at a AROC convention in 80s or early 90s. Maybe from IAP or Eriminas or BOBCOR or Shankle or Alfa Ricambi or ?????.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine are an EXACT copy of the Original Autodelta version.
Somewhere, I still have the original with the parts number.
Had one on my Nissan pick up for about 10 years under full sun and rain,
then it started to wrinkle at the edges.
Phil, Thank you for posting for me, save me time.
The adhesive is tip top condition.
I have enough to supply the whole BB.
Regards,
Alberto
Alberto I sent you a PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts