Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after any information/pictures on possible use of a leather strap that was used in period to raise and lower the door windows on some GTAs. A car that I am restoring had this arrangement (in an old magazine pic you can just make out a hint of a brown strap coming up and over the inside of the door), but I have no idea of the method of fixing used to hold it up or down. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Vince.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had some better pics but cannot find them now after a computer change but here is one from the web and then the inside of my car while under construction. You can see the 3 buttons for snaps on the door panel. I believe this to be correct but I do not have the pics and if someone can correct me please do.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your replies. At least now I am confident that what I though I saw a small part of in an old picture, was in fact these myterious straps. The doors have a hole on the inside frame near the top which might be where a snap or similar was mounted.
If anybody has any further pics or ideas of the holding method, please post here.
Thanks again guys.
Vince.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks guys for your replies. At least now I am confident that what I though I saw a small part of in an old picture, was in fact these myterious straps. The doors have a hole on the inside frame near the top which might be where a snap or similar was mounted.
If anybody has any further pics or ideas of the holding method, please post here.
Thanks again guys.
Vince.
Not quite the same but interesting nonetheless..

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts