Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Alfristi
I am on the lookout for a set of the GTA sliding windows. A good friend loves them and has asked me to ask on this forum. He is looking at the moment for an Alfa 105...( he is convincing his wife!)
Anyone who has a set they have lying around then please give me a shout
All the best and stay safe.
Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sergio
I will mention this to him. I think he is after some previously loved ones as he wants to put some small modifications...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
if it may interest you I can tell you that these windows are made from the original Autodelta templates (Chiapparini) and are made with the same aluminum profile that they used at the time (y)

Reactions: donrencos

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look SUPERB! The price is too :ROFLMAO:
I will pass this on...
I already have a set that I got from a member here...that’s why my friend asked me if I can ask if anyone has a used set

·
Registered
68 Posts
Absolutely no problem! (y) (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rob,
I have a friend in Denmark who previously made a set for me and is making another set as we speak. Think they are around EUR 800 for the set. PM me if you want to get in touch.
Cheers,
Per

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi....
I have some sliding windows already...and the sonorous noise makes my wife (thoroughly) enjoy the journey...strange types aren’t we....?
Visceral would be my answer.......subjective..? Yes of course..but why have a Classic when one can have modern? Into gear, point (I mean drive) and hey presto...your there...
Even my wife LOVES the aesthetics of the 105...but if she truly loves the rawness (that is a different...and subjective...again question) but she still loves me..haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Per
I know that as with normal over Italian engineering the frames were made of a sort of cross section “H” section...the runners like mine are pretty complicated for a race car (ha..once again...over engineered!) but you love them for it.
Even holding the main window frame is held by “u” shaped aluminium wedged into both the Perspex and the frame...wonderfull...and once again...over engineered..
If you can send some photos..as they say...
“...a picture paints a thousand words....”

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yea, the opportunity of riding in a car with sliding windows will really cinch the deal with her.
Hahaha
YEAP...l know where your coming from mate...please read what I wrote below..haha
My wife thinks my car is a go kart....but I love the noise...it legal too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rob,
Go to Stelvio.dk
Then click on sold cars.
There are two GTAms numbered 36 and 38.
Both have the frames in question.
All the best,
Per

1 - 13 of 13 Posts