Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide a summary of the available GTA replica wheels? I recently picked up a set of such wheels with a chassis I purchased. Being aluminum replicas, I was surprised just how light they are. These are 14x7's labeled at Technomagnesia and weight about 11 pounds. I am considering buying another set. Is this particular version still available? And are other reproductions similar in weight?

Erik

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Alfaholics-

I think they even come in 2x offsets for the early and later GTV rear openings- I've used them and they are VG. Compomotive makes a 6.5 inch but it's a bit heavier than the Alfaholics ones- sold by International? The exchange rate will kill you though! Fred.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred. On the Alfaholics website, they refer to the new 15x7 wheel being lighter than the 14x7 wheel. They further describe the 15x7 as 16.5 pounds. While this is not a heavy wheel, it is much heavier than the ones I have at about 11 pounds. Any ideas on the discrepancy?

·
Registered
268 Posts
wow!

You have a set of very rare Techno's.
These are early '90 replica's of the originals, and they are most definitely NOT aluminium, but real magnesium. Not for sale since many moons, expensive as hell, and do not have them sandblasted or something. Real magnesium needs a different treatment.
I wouldn't dare race on the original Campo mag GTA wheels, and so do many other historic racers. On these however you can.
I would buy them immediatly from you. I have one set, in 7x14 and wouldn't sell for the world.
For ALUMINIUM replica's:
HEINBRAND AUTOMOTIVE
Classic Alfa Romeo cars
AFRA [Abogados - Attorneys at law]

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Confusing weights-

Erik-W/ O going into my notes I seem to remember the 14x7 A/H wheels being pretty light in the 12lb. area. The Compomotives were [email protected] We have to run 15" wheels with some clubs on the West Coast on the GTV so I'm using the P.sport 15x7 ultra light and it is- 12lbs. on my scale! I'm going to run the Hoosier Speedsters and had them mounted last week and they look VG on the car! Very period correct as in some of the old photos I got w/ the car it shows 15" wheels. Will try and post a pic when I can get the car outside. (Car is the now almost completed Rutherford/Ammen #5 restoration) Fred.

·
73 GT Junior
363 Posts
Tecnomagnesio

I purchased a set in August from BBer Mmosko in Florida, and upon shipping UPS managed to loose 2 wheels. So now I'm &*&^$^issed royally . :mad: If any one knows of 2 wheels for sale please contact me. Thanx Manuel............

Tecnomagnesio Replica (GTA Magnesium) wheels from late 80s 14 x 7

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts