Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a working or re-buildable GTA radiator they are willing to sell? I would love to have one of Max's reproductions but they are too high for me. Please send a PM to respond.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Wishful thinking. I would expect an original GTA radiator would cost close to double of what Max sells his repro for.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
No problem .....
I think I have a few of those in the barn....
under the Bugatti parts...
Cheap too !!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good one....

No problem .....
I think I have a few of those in the barn....
under the Bugatti parts...
Cheap too !!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

**** Dave,

Should have posted last week, I had one in the garage! Kept kicking it, so I cut it in half, dropped some kitty litter in it and used it for the cat to crap in.....:D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
And we are all SOOO anxious to buy his Montreal and Giulietta/Giulia parts.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
hello you 2 clever ones

CALI67DUETTO/ and 101/105 GUY´

if you ussually came here to write crap is your problem
I DO HAVE A ORIGINAL GTA RADIATOR PLUS A LOT OF OTHER GTA ORIGINAL PARTS
´GO TO MY SITE AN HAVE A LOOK.Alfamania - Clássicos de Competição Alfa Romeo
but I am not selling them

but at the moment I am selling a lot of montreal parts I do have
already in here with pictures

and a lot of old Giulietta and Giulia parts

if you both know how to read you go to the selling part of this forum and will find
the advertise in there

have a nice day you 2.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Wow, what a great sales technique !
Insult potential buyers...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to share with the community, it was no surprise that my GTA radiator search failed, but I came close to finding one for sale. A reproduction looks like the only way to go.

After sending detailed dimensions and many photographs of an original GTA radiator to Ron Davis, the price estimate came to around $1000. At that price, it is probably best to order one from Alaholics and pay the shipping to the USA.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Best radiator company I've found--CR

Just to share with the community, it was no surprise that my GTA radiator search failed, but I came close to finding one for sale. A reproduction looks like the only way to go.

After sending detailed dimensions and many photographs of an original GTA radiator to Ron Davis, the price estimate came to around $1000. At that price, it is probably best to order one from Alaholics and pay the shipping to the USA.

Dave do not dispair of give up yet. I had CR remake an exact copy of my original M6B McLaren radiator when it was too corroded to be repaired. CR radiators in the midwest did a fantastic job for 1/3 the price of Davis. The welding etc was world class. These guys do work for indy teams. My total cost for a much bigger radiator with complex mounting issues was approx $800 versus $2400 from Davis. I am sure you will love the radiator from Max as well.

You might want to ask them not to spray CR on the part in advance.

·
Registered
649 Posts
C&R racing (radiator)contact info

C&R racing is located in Indianapolis and can be reached at
317 293-4100

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob,

Thanks for the info on them- I will send them the dimensions for the radiator needed.
I received my repro GTA air box last week so I will be eager to install it before my next race this summer. I had a spider radiator modified to fit the 67 GT. It is more narrow and will let me install the air box snorkel , but it will not work with the GTA oil cooler.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts