Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a pair of GTA push buttons and finally it is time to put them on the car! In order to do that I need to see which modifications that need to be done on a lock (something has to be welded) and on a passenger door (mechanism to close the doors from the inside).

I obtained various explanations already, however, a picture would probably be the best.

Could someone help me and send me a picture of this welded part as well as a shot of the mechanism?!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi,

I have a pair of GTA push buttons and finally it is time to put them on the car! In order to do that I need to see which modifications that need to be done on a lock (something has to be welded) and on a passenger door (mechanism to close the doors from the inside).

I obtained various explanations already, however, a picture would probably be the best.

Could someone help me and send me a picture of this welded part as well as a shot of the mechanism?!

Thanks in advance!
Putting up the same question - how to lock the passengers door? When I bought the car, there was a piece of wood jammed between the pushbutton and the mechanism to block it - maybe not the most practical way. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
11,246 Posts
Note my "like" on the photo with the fiberglass door. Similar to the mechanism used by Ferrari on the '65 275 GTB trunk mechanism. Finger loop outside and all. However, the Ferrari push button has a center KEY hole, and the push button itself can be locked with a key. I do not have a picture of mine handy, but the only difference is the locking button. If this is NLA, a brass button could be machined and made to lock with a simple or more complex key, then chromed.
Not an inexpensive fix, but locking doors would be possible. Why though if the car has sliding plex windows?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I don’t know about GTA’s but on my 74 GTV, pulling up on the interior door opening lever locks the door from the inside, or maybe push down, but moving the lever in the opposite direction of opening would lock the door. Will check function on my GTA jr when I get home.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Passenger side button linkage

When I added loops and buttons to my '71, I skipped the inside passenger door lock linkage. Looked as though it would take more construction skills than I had.
I purchased a second keyed button.

Richard
Colorado

·
Registered
843 Posts
When I added loops and buttons to my '71, I skipped the inside passenger door lock linkage. Looked as though it would take more construction skills than I had.
I purchased a second keyed button.

Richard
Colorado
Exactly what I did, and sold the "none keyed" button on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts