Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Some weird and wonderful homebrew engines came out of South Africa, many of them developed by Basil van Rooyen. An old AlfaBB thread here fills in some detail. Might be a red herring, but worth mentioning.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, yes I sold the engine to Duncan G in Durban. I sold it to Duncan as he was going to build an accurate GTA rep but a change in personal circumstances meant Duncan had to abandon the project.

When in my possession the engine had modified 1750 pistons which took the capacity to 1670 cc or there abouts.

As per my thread there were some questions regarding the block but everything else was GTA original.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a set of factory GTA pistons with a bore of 79.9 or same as 1750 bore. My audodelta literature shows these size as factory options since many races allowed capacity up to 1700. With the shorter 1600 stroke, a 1750 bore or 80 mm would put you just at or under 1700.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Need to check my eyes. Two rings not practical for street, but nice items ...
Not practical for street? What's wrong with a little smoke??? I just assumed GTA race cars were never for street use. :wink2:

Many Giulia Spider Veloce owners back in the day ordered GTA pistons for weekend warrior fun from Autodelta.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts