Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently acquired a GTAJ which I am restoring to the condition it was in when it competed in C Sedan (1969-74). This is the car sold by Daniel Rapley last year.
I have to decide whether to repair or replace the rear fenders ('guards' as we call them in Australia). Repair is possible but difficult. Has anyone used the Classic Alfa or Alfaholics repros and, if so, how good were they?
Can someone also advise the wheel rim size that was used in C Sedan.
Thank you.

Colin Wilson-Brown
Sydney

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Colin, welcome to the Alfa BB. Maybe you can do a self intro for those of us who do not know you. There is quite an active GTA forum on this BB.

I presume it is the GTAj in the attached pictures.

Wheels used would likely have been 14 X 7 but others may know better.

We would be happy to here the serial number and the race history if it is not otherwise documented in Alleggerita.

You can email me at

[email protected]

about rear fenders and other GTAj engine parts you may need.

Regards

Ken

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,585 Posts
I vote for repair as you will end up with as much original as possible.
Pete

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
If I recall correctly C-Sedan (GTAjunior) was 6x14 whereas B-Sedan (1600GTA) was 7x14. I have a homologation sheet floating around somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
FIA form 1557-

For the GTA 1300 Junior shows wheel size as 14" X 7" I do not have a copy of the SCCA acceptance form for the GTA Junior, would love to have a copy of it.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Thanks!

I will have to set-up my (heavy) weigh scales and weigh some cars. 1806 lbs. I think is realistic, will see what the ex-Carl Block GTA Jr. weighs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts