Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A 3 year restoration of 775511 is nearing completion. This 1968 Autodelta prepped GTA has an extensive SCCA race history. I am restoring it to as it was in 1970 when it competed in C Sedan. On completion I will apply for an FIA HTP. I read different stories about the correct wheel rim size for the 1300 Junior. Although the car will be raced in Australia initially, it would be nice if it is eligible to race in America or possibly Europe without modification. Can anyone advise whether the rims should be 14x6 or 14x7?
Thank you.
Colin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You can check that in the homologation form. You will need that anyway for a HTP. If SCCA has different rules you will have to prove the difference in setup by original documentation of the time it competed.
homologation form 1557: 14x7 as stock. But some different sizes homologated also.

You really should have your documentation on the car complete. I think you should have the Allegerita books at least, as a GTA owner.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi,
A 3 year restoration of 775511 is nearing completion. This 1968 Autodelta prepped GTA has an extensive SCCA race history. I am restoring it to as it was in 1970 when it competed in C Sedan. On completion I will apply for an FIA HTP. I read different stories about the correct wheel rim size for the 1300 Junior. Although the car will be raced in Australia initially, it would be nice if it is eligible to race in America or possibly Europe without modification. Can anyone advise whether the rims should be 14x6 or 14x7?
Thank you.
Colin
Original homologation for the rims was 7x14. Here are attached all FIA allowed extensions

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your helpful replies. What a great forum!
The car has a brief entry in Alleggerita but Martin Ubelher has provide much more information. I have also been able to exchange e-mails with 4 of the 6 guys who raced it in the 70s, so I now have pretty comprehensive history.
I will post more about the car when it is finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts