Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Just a small suggestion that you measure and post the size of the ports on the backside of the manifold and perhaps even post a picture also.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Must be 45mm ? Or ?
I will do ok
The manifold looks like it has been sleeved, most likely down from a bigger outlet. Measure across the outlet (head side).

I would be interested to know and see the marking on the manifold between runners 2 and 3.

Ken

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
The manifold looks like it has been sleeved, most likely down from a bigger outlet. Measure across the outlet (head side).

I would be interested to know and see the marking on the manifold between runners 2 and 3.

Ken

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I do not think it is from an early GTA, maybe not any GTA and it is not in stock condition as it is modified. It is probably not correct or suitable for a stock Stradale but you need to tell the outlet dimension. It could have been used on a race prepared engine or prepared GTA engine and matched to a particular head. See thread at

The first manifold shown is of the type shown in the 1967 parts book for GTA, GT, 1600 GTV, GTC but the GTA has a different part number. This manifold type with the screw in bypass elbo has been identified on known unmodified 1965 GTAs

Early #.JPG.jpg

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Ok which is the gta parts number?
The part numbers are not marked on the manifold so in the case of the manifold I show above the stock casing would be used so they all look more or less the same but the the GTA manifold would be different in some way that I do not know exactly.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I don t understand what measure of code do you need
If you look at the cylinder head side if the manifold you will see that you can measure the manifold throat across and up/down. they are different. The measure across is way is of interest as it tells what port size in the cylinder head it is matched to.

In the case of the early manifold I pictured below; it is 36mm across.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
So this is for gta?
Tz have the same manifold?
I don't know what that is from, you give no dimensions or markings between 2 and 3 but it does look like what I pictured above but I note it has no heater hose outlet. So what would have no heater? A TZ????? A GTA Corsa????? I don't know. When you get better pictures I would like you or me to post in the Manifold Variations thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts