Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am ooking for 1.3 GTA engine or parts for this engine. Restoring car but original engine can't be saved. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car was a wide body race car from beginning of his life, when I got it engine was in parts but crank is broken, oil pump, distributor not present, head was milled too much...and valve seats are damaged...since 80's car was raced with 2L engine...from historical pictures car had narrow head but carburators and not injection?... Engine was type AR00559 had 1296 cm 106,6KW at 8000RPM this is writen in homologation documents from 1971...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Is the block OK? If so it is perfectly possible to find s/h bits together with new replica parts to complete the engine. Presumably the engine number is the correct one for the car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Block is ok (not perfect but in one piece and not opened by broken rod) but would like to keep original one (matching)...will be racing with the car so I would like to save matching block.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received an offer from Christian for crank...heads are available around but they are new made and have doubts about quality and price is very high.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
AFRA replica heads have been criticised for the quality of the castings, but I know that SAS Engineering in the UK made a batch of 10 GTA heads a couple of years ago for John Shipman, and the quality looked superb. I'm unsure of the specific differences between 1300 and 1600 heads but I imagine the ports to be smaller. Perhaps the heads were supplied unmachined to be finished as required. Maybe you could contact John via SAS and see if he has any left? You should also contact Richard Banks at Alfaholics, as he's now concentrating on sourcing original parts for these cars.

Good luck ...

Alex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts