Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Very nice Anthony! Is it made out of fiberglass? I love the original GT shape. Is that the speedometer left of the tach? Or is that not important on a track?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Looks pretty nice. I thought you said you wanted to make your dash out of Alluminum.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
What texture is that on the dash? is it stock or you sprayed something on it?
Looks really nice!!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gauges from left to right: water temp, tach, oil pressure with light, oil temprature. i am gonna make a little pannel on the bottom for the three switches and a volt light. speedometer...what is that? no, never planned on making one out of aluminum for my car.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
italcarguy said:
speedometer...what is that?

Not only does this car not need a spedometer I bet you can save weight and do away with the tach as well! Anthonys new motor is built with such high end components who knows if it even has a red line.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
hahaha I'd be the opposite on the race track. I look at my speedo. HAHAHA

1st - 27 mph
2nd - 44 mph
3rd - 66 mph
4th- 88mph
5th -

I like the speedo better, so when I down shift to lower gears I know I'm not higher then the posted speed limit and won't over rev blowning my engine.;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
That dash

Could you explain how you made that dash?
I'm looking for a way to replace a stock 1967 fake-woodgrain dash - not easy when they're made out of cardboard.

Any advice appreciated.

Richard
1967 GTV

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually purchaed that dash like that, it's fiberglass. Just Dashes can restore you original 67 GTV dash to look like new. We had one done for my brother's 67 GTV restoration project. Just Dashes is located in Van Nuys, California.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts