Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in contact with Mr. Adriaensens who made this fantastic book about all the GTAs and GTA-Juniors. He plans to bring a new edition. So he is looking for other missing chassis-numbers or pictures or any information where the GTAs are running. for more informations: [email protected] or [email protected]
saluti da germania

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am in contact with Mr. Adriaensens who made this fantastic book about all the GTAs and GTA-Juniors. He plans to bring a new edition. So he is looking for other missing chassis-numbers or pictures or any information where the GTAs are running. for more informations: [email protected] or [email protected]
saluti da germania
Thanks for posting the contact information. When the first book was created Mr. Adrianensens did not access to the internet. Now we can make sure he has a great selection of photos and press from the era.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hallo

Herr Engelhardt!

Prima Idee, ich bin dabei (776122). Was macht der weiße GTA Junior? Schon verkauft? Irgendwann bringe mal meinen 1900 zum Vergaser einstellen. Saluti

Lurani

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This is very exciting! I hope that thorough resarch is done this time around on all chassis numbers and maybe a where are they now section:)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
A second edition of Alleggerita? This is good news. Last time around Mr. Adriaensens was unable to gather as much information as was out there at the time because, in North America, at least, he was an unknown. That has changed with the publication of his fine book Alleggerita.

I hope he will come to us directly with his intensions when the time is right and I hope that is soon.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dear all,

There appears to be some interest in revising the book Alleggerita as discussed on this Bulletin Board.

Well the prospect of a revised/new version of Alleggerita is of interest to myself and others, I am sure.

I own copy number 1806 and this book has been very well used as a reference source.

I have been collecting GTA/GTAm items for over 20 years and, am of the opinion that, I could contribute to revisions and corrections to this publication. In particular, a large amount of the GTA/GTAm history of these cars in Southern Africa is not covered in the above publication. Some years ago I sent some material to Tony Adriaensens for possible inclusion in a revised version of his book Alleggerita. I never received a reply from him.

I have been involved with Alfa Romeos, as a hobby, for over 30 years and my experience is that there appears to be a spectrum of 'Alfa Lovers'. On the one end of the spectrum we find the person that goes 'out of their way' to help get a historically important car completed for the 'love' of the task to the other end of the spectrum where the person will 'spin' very elaborate stories to get some parts from you so that they can 'sell them on' at high prices.

I have sold GTA/GTAm parts which were surplus to my project to people in Canada, England and elsewhere - including Alfaholics and Classic Alfa.

My experiences appear to indicate that people in South Africa, with whom I had dealings, were more generous than the Alfa community worldwide which I have dealt with over the internet over the past 5 years.

At this point in time I would only contribute material to Tony Adriaensens for 'reward' i.e. not prepared to ship 'things' around the world for nothing anymore.;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
South Africa,

Your post actually makes me a bit sad.....
I can ofc see yr point that if you had previously sent material (are you sure he actually got it ?) and received neither reply nor recognition, then matters may look different, BUT i also think that ANY Alfisti with the sligthest interest in this particular book should contribute with whatever is available (i certainly will). Noone (well, with a few exceptions :) ) could have any interest in the GTA world being "infected" as the TZ's have been.
I sincerely hope you will reconsider.....

Best regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts