Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some of the ads from Hemmings for GTA, GTAj and GTAm that I found.
I did not copy all. Those that I did not copy were GTA or GTAj offered by dealers.

I copied all RHD GTA ads and all GTAm Ads and all that had serial numbers

Starting with RHD GTA; the first ad according to my file notes is for GTA 752616
imported from England via Canada asking $60,000 and a name Dave Ramesh associated with it.

Other 2 maybe someone else knows something or are they the same RHD GTA as in first ad??

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GTAm

First one is the GTAm crashed by Frank Marino and rebodied with no serial number and now with Jay Illiohan

Second serial number given

Third unknown

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTAs with serial numbers given

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTAs thought known

1st thought to be 613886

2nd ex Jeff Coleman's GTA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTAs ads with no particular identifiers other than 3rd ad in second pic is likely the Midley TA GTA that Matt Jones traded to Roman Tucker.. Help appreciated.

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More GTA ads unidentified. Help please

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GTAj's , 4 with serial numbers

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Kwech 1971 TA #3 GTV

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
A lot of work

Ken thanks for all the scanning work. I am sure some of this Martin will find useful for his GTA registry. The Cobra guys have a lot of people tracking old AW, Hemmings and newspaper ads and have built up large files on many cobras.
In our world we have only a few people willing to help document these great cars. I wonder if these dealers kept the serial number records?

Thanks for your efforts.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ken thanks for all the scanning work. I am sure some of this Martin will find useful for his GTA registry. The Cobra guys have a lot of people tracking old AW, Hemmings and newspaper ads and have built up large files on many cobras.
In our world we have only a few people willing to help document these great cars. I wonder if these dealers kept the serial number records?

Thanks for your efforts.
Hi Bob, thanks for that.

I know how I feel when I stumble on to something about 752507 or when someone kindly sends or posts something new about her so I hope this may help others in the same way.

I also hope to continue to unravel the remaining mysteries re the Trans Am series Alfas so am constantly on the look out for articles, ads what ever.

BTW; I used a digital camera inverted on a tripod to much more efficiently get thru the lot then some time cropping. Still more to do of Hemmings, then I have a few years late 70's early 80s of the UK AROC magazine to copy GTA stuff, but that's of more Euro interest I guess.

Regards

Ken

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
MORE GTA Ads from HMN

MORE GTA Ads from HMN

GTA 613788 anyone know more?? Also advertised in Dec 93 HMN
Bruce Perry GTAj 775325 50K$
Bruce Perry GTAj 775325 32.5K$ sold to Les Singh, NZ
Kwech GTV #3
Robert Pass GTAj 776153

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MORE GTA etc ads from HMN

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MORE GTA etc ads from HMN.

The GTV in the second ad is the ex Gunter Mayer 1969 GTV, s/n 1362163, BULOVA Series car recently sold by andyb6 of this BB.

And that's all folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts