Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Obviously early car but has all the later set-up - full late 67 homologation spec - eg knuckle risers, late sliding block, elektron remote housing on gear box, fiberglass air box, etc. Aluminum floor.

Supposedly Autodelta spare team car. Sold to Venezuela. Had crash in the rear. Has special upholstered rear seats - for homologation reasons in Venezuela or wherever else it may have run to decrease rear head room?

Has some very cool bits on it - like the rev-counter with a 7500 rpm redline, generator cut-off switch. The last time I saw it, it had its original Venezuelan fire extinguisher in the rear still.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If I am right, this car was originally owned by the industrial Venezuelan gentleman Perez Dupui. This cas was very few raced in Venezuela and sold to Italy some years ago. Pity...

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Makes me remember the factory rear mount battery. The jack brackets have been relocated to the middle of the trunk. This car is way cool. Full factory competition set-up w/ all road equipment. Only aluminum floor car that I know that is complete like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes very very nice,and i hope that the Owner will never restaurate his GTA.
On the Dashboard is the original bill from Autodelta (I have forgotten to take a Pic from it :eek: )

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hallo Alleggerita,

the car remember much to my own GTA 1600 , very nice interior , but the only think. i dont like , is the chassis number. I owned much Gtas in my Life, but never saw the number like this, and also the number of 613970 some threads ago. They both are not original from Alfa i think. The french GTA also some threads ago had a correct stamping. See the three cars and you will see the differences.

regards
Uli

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I saw the car in 1995 at the Registro Italiano meet in Mugello for the first time. I believe it had the same stamping and I have no doubt that it is the same car from looking at the pictures. I looked at the car very carefully with another person who knows GTA's very well and who owns an aluminum floor car and we had no doubt that it is real and is what it represents - which is more than I can say about at least one other car that was there at the time. But I do agree that the chassis # stamping looks unusual.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Very cool car - is that a cig lighter under the dash? The gen cut-off switch would be the fourth one added to the first three? Thanks for posting these!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here comes the last Pics from 613050 :
and note the Books behind his Front Seat:
-Allegerita
-GTA Maurizio Tabucchi
-GTA "leggera e vincente";)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
No cigarette lighter - it is the windshield washer pump that was below the dash rather than in the footwell in early 1600's.

Generator cut-off switch is not visible in the pics ... little white pull switch to the left of the dash.

Don't remember what the 4th switch was ...

And another little tidbit. The car has a moly synchro box with the proper sticker under the hood ... also the nicer Burman steering box rather than the ZF.

Very cool car - is that a cig lighter under the dash? The gen cut-off switch would be the fourth one added to the first three? Thanks for posting these!

·
Registered
213 Posts
If I am right, this car was originally owned by the industrial Venezuelan gentleman Perez Dupui. This cas was very few raced in Venezuela and sold to Italy some years ago. Pity...
I will correct myself. It is not the Perez Dupui GTA that should be in Cali. Mmm, need to investigate a little more about the first owner. Probably was the first GTA that Sergio Trevalle raced. The second one is in Colombia in restauration.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I was wondering about that ... but I thought Trevale only had one car - the pictures of it also look different, whereas Spadaro had two cars, one of them a GTA, the other a GTA built to GTA specs - it would be great if there is some confirmation with regard to that.

Here's some pictures of the Venezuelan cars but none look quite like 613050 unless it was significantly refitted at some point in time:
PASION A LA VELOCIDAD Y MOTORES :: - GTAs de Spadaro y de Trevale

The Trevale car had license plate E6.39.40, very different from the plate on the back of 613050 from a similar year, eg same color.

And another Venezuelan car that seems to have been pretty prepped:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/picture-room/4536-fresh-off-boat-gta-not-dial-up-friendly.html

Regardless, it was certainly a rather special customer to get a car like that ... and it would be very unusual to be sold like that for non-racing purposes.

I will correct myself. It is not the Perez Dupui GTA that should be in Cali. Mmm, need to investigate a little more about the first owner. Probably was the first GTA that Sergio Trevalle raced. The second one is in Colombia in restauration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allegerita and Bialbero,in may be possible that 613050 ran in Daytona 1968 ?
The Owner showed me in Monza a old Picture from a Gta that was painted Yellow on the Front left ,i think...
But he was not sure whether this was his Car.
It is perhaps the Car Number 24,that Eric della faille 1968 shot in Daytona
Seen in "Allegerita".....
Or is that nonsense ?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
So what information do you have that makes you think that? Does the owner speculate on that? I guess it's closer from Daytona to Venezuela than from Italy ...

Specs would be correct. Daytona cars had a number illumination light installed on the driver's side rear fender I believe ... not sure if 613050 has any traces of that.

613050 when I saw it in 1995 had a very interesting cover for the gas filler - like a little hat. This was homologated but I believe declared illegal shortly afterwards. Not sure if the Daytona cars ran that piece.

I believe the car also used to have a sticker from the Venezuelan Alfa distributor on it ....

Still curious who owned/raced this car in Venezuela?

Allegerita and Bialbero,in may be possible that 613050 ran in Daytona 1968 ?
The Owner showed me in Monza a old Picture from a Gta that was painted Yellow on the Front left ,i think...
But he was not sure whether this was his Car.
It is perhaps the Car Number 24,that Eric della faille 1968 shot in Daytona
Seen in "Allegerita".....
Or is that nonsense ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No,the owner doesnt speculate on that.He just showed me a picture on a Gta,and this car had similarity with the daytona Gta nr.24 that's all.
He even told me the car of more than 20 years is in his possession.

Someone knows this sticker on the window ?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts